So you’ve heard all about this huge scholarship that is funding this year-long study adventure! If you would like to apply for this scholarship yourself, here is some helpful information. Note that the information, scholarship amounts, and/or application requirements might change from year-to-year, and so this is simply the information that I encountered when I applied in the Fall of 2009. Also, I could have left out some information as I am typing off the top of my head. (Try translating this last sentence into French!)
You must meet both of these requirements:
1. American WVU Master’s students; and
2. French majors (at the Master’s level-I know you got it above, but as Dr. Amores would say in her awesome accent “they need repetition!”).
1. When Dr. Tuninetti makes an open call late in the Fall semester, read the letter carefully and put together your application. The deadline was soon after we returned from the xmas break, early January I believe.
1. Design an academic program of study through a French University;
a.) the duration can be for 2 semesters = $25,000 scholarship; or
b.) the duration can be for 3 semesters (1 year) = $30,000 scholarship.
2. Statement of Intent;
3. Detailed Budget;
4. Outline/paragraph describing the University where you will study and the program you will pursue; and
5. Transcripts from all universities you have attended.
!BONNE CHANCE A TOUS!